Female cancer patients who qualify for the Power of Hope Program receive:
1) compassionate pharmaceutical product;
2) maximum charge of $4,000 for egg retrieval and egg or embryo cryopreservation, and
3) Fertile Future will reimburse qualifying female patients up to $2,000* on a sliding scale to help assist in accessing these vital services
Household income between $0-$50,000 will be reimbursed up to $2,000
Household income between $50,001-$99,999 will be reimbursed up to $1,000
Household income between $100,000 and $125,000 will be reimbursed up to $500
*Please contact your individual fertility clinic to discuss the possibility of compassionate medication if your insurance company does not cover medication.
Please provide your name and email address to request an application form for the Power of Hope Cost Reduction Program :
Program Criteria for Women
In order to be eligible for cost reduction, each of the following program criteria must be met :
- Fertility Centre administering fertility preservation treatment must be a member of the Power of Hope program.
- Individual income of $100,000 or less, or household income of $125,000 or less.
- Confirmation from applicant’s oncologist indicating that cancer treatment presents a risk to fertility and that they support fertility preservation as safe and appropriate for applicant.
- Applicant must be 40 years of age or younger.
- Applicant must be a Canadian Citizen or have Permanent Resident status.
- Applicant must have a valid provincial health card.
- Applicant has not previously benefited from the Power of Hope program.
- No more than one year has elapsed since fertility preservation was performed.
Services/Costs Not Covered for Women
- Annual storage fees charged by fertility centre after first year
- Any additional laboratory work or procedures required or recommended
- Additional blood testing required
- Implantation or other future procedures
- Oncology treatment and adjuvant expenses
Please Note: Average storage cost can range from $250 to $500 annually.